VULVAL & PAEDIATRIC patients are given priority appointments.
For Vulval Dermatology conditions
- Referrals (including full contact details) should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 02 5114 2684. Doctors can also send referrals via Healthlink EDI: drummond.
- You will be advised if we are able to offer you an appointment, with details of how to make a booking.
- You will receive written confirmation of your appointment time.
- If you wish to cancel or change an appointment time please call 02 5114 2682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Paediatric Dermatology conditions
- Referrals (including full contact details) for private practice appointments should be sent to email@example.com, faxed to 02 5114 6284 or sent by your doctor via Healthlink EDI: drummond
- All referrals are triaged according to urgency.
- You will receive an SMS if we are able to offer you an appointment, with details of how to make a booking.
- You will receive written confirmation of appointment details.
- If you would prefer to see Dr Drummond in the clinic at Canberra Hospital, please email your referral to ACTHealthCentralOutpatient-Referrals@act.gov.au. You will be sent details of your appointment date and time by ACT Health.
- Please note that any queries about appointments at Canberra Hospital, including changing or cancelling an appointment in the Outpatients Department should be directed to the hospital not to Drummond Dermatology.
- The Paediatric Dermatology clinic is held in the Outpatients Department at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children.
For General Dermatology conditions
- Referrals (including full contact details) to see Dr Drummond should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 02 5114 2684 or sent via Healthlink EDI: drummond.
- Referrals are triaged. This process can take 1-2 weeks. Please contact the practice after this time. Due to high demand for dermatology services not all patients who are referred can be offered an appointment.
- You may receive an SMS if we are able to offer you an appointment, with details of how to make a booking.
- Once a booking is made you will receive written confirmation of your appointment date and time.
- If you wish to cancel or change an appointment time please call call 02 5114 2682 or email email@example.com
- Sending a referral does not constitute acceptance of the referral or guarantee that an appointment will be offered.
- Due to the high demand for services it may not be possible to offer you an appointment in an appropriate time frame.
- You will be advised if we are unable to offer you an appointment.
- Please note that you are not a patient of the practice until the referral has been accepted and an appointment scheduled. Future booked appointments can be cancelled if our staff are treated with disrespect.
For South Coast patients
Dr Drummond consults at the Queen St Medical Centre, Moruya on Mondays on a monthly basis.
All appointments for South Coast patients are made through the Canberra office as outlined above.
Please note that services in Moruya are restricted to consultations and simple procedures only. Patch testing can only be performed in Canberra. If you require more extensive skin surgery, referral can be made to a suitable qualified local medical practitioner.
- Appointments can be made for telemedicine consultations for certain conditions, using various software platforms ( at present Amazon Web services Teleconsult).
- Only certain conditions are suitable for teledermatology consultations (skin cancer, mole checks and vulval conditions are not suitable).
- Dr Drummond will decide whether your problem is suitable for a teledermatology consultation.
- Photos of your skin condition should be emailed prior to the consultation.
- Fees for telehealth consultations are generally equivalent to face-to-face consultations. Medicare rebates are usually but not always claimable.
- Prepayment is required before the consultation, either by credit card, direct bank transfer, or online payments.
- Please refer to the information above about how to make an appointment.
- Further information about telehealth policy and procedure will be provided at the time of booking.
Cancellation of Appointments
If you wish to cancel your appointment, or to arrange another consultation time please contact Drummond Dermatology for Canberra or South Coast patients.
A fee may be charged if an appointment is made, confirmed and you do not give reasonable notice of non-attendance (48 hours prior to the appointment unless in exceptional circumstances).
Suite 16, Francis Chambers
40-42 Corinna St, Phillip ACT 2606
P: +61 2 5114 2682
F: +61 2 5114 2684
How to get here
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. We acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.