Expected Behaviour Policy
In an effort to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, visitors, patients and their families, Drummond Dermatology expects visitors, patients and accompanying family members to refrain from unacceptable behaviour that is disruptive or pose a threat to the rights or safety of other patients or staff.
Drummond Dermatology is committed to providing a high quality of care to our patients. The relationship between the patients and those working in the surgery is an important issue and is a two-way process. Therefore, in order to protect both the staff and other patients, we have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy.
The following inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated:
- Loud and intrusive conversation or other noise including playing music on devices.
- Offensive language, verbal abuse, swearing or psychological abuse
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Offensive remarks of a racial, sexual or personally derogatory nature.
- Invasion of personal space.
- Talking on mobile phones in the waiting room or during the doctor patient consultation.
- Physical assault, including unsuccessful contact.
- Damage to practice property or that of other patients.
- Reckless behaviour that could result in harm to others.
- Inappropriate behaviour involving alcohol or substance misuse.
- Discussing medical practice staff on social media forums.
- Taking photos or videos of practice staff or the practice setting without express permission from the practice.
Such behaviour has a marked effect on staff and other patients and therefore, where such behaviour is observed, we reserve the right to withdraw from treating the patient and ensuring removal of those involved from the premises. If staff feel threatened verbally or physically, the police will be called.
A patient displaying any of the above behaviours may be removed from our patient list, resulting in terminating the doctor/patient relationship.
We reserve the right to cancel any future scheduled appointments if the patient does not abide by this policy.
Suite 16, Francis Chambers
40-42 Corinna St, Phillip ACT 2606
The best way to contact us is via email
P: +61 2 5114 2682
F: +61 2 5114 2684
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 9.30am–2.30pm
Tuesdays, Thursdays 9.00am–5.00pm
How to get here
Drummond Dermatology acknowledges, celebrates and pays respect to all First Nations Australians on whose traditional lands we meet and work, and whose cultures are among the oldest continuing cultures in human history.